This policy applies to team members employed by Deeson Group Ltd and Deeson Publishing Ltd.
Deeson is committed to implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery. Therefore, it is Deeson’s policy to conduct all aspects of its business in an honest and ethical manner at all times. This policy applies to all individuals working for Deeson, including anyone providing services to Deeson, such as consultants or contractors.
The aim of this policy is to help Deeson act in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010, maintain the highest possible standards of business practice, and advise individuals of Deeson’s 'zero-tolerance' to bribery.
Under UK law (UK Bribery Act 2010), bribery and corruption are punishable for individuals by up to ten years imprisonment. If Deeson is found to have taken part in the corruption or lacks adequate procedures to prevent bribery, it could face an unlimited fine and be excluded from tendering for government contracts.
This policy applies to all permanent and fixed-term staff employed by Deeson and any contractors, consultants or other persons acting under or on behalf of Deeson.
Deeson will not:
- Make contributions of any kind with the purpose of gaining any commercial advantage.
- Provide gifts or hospitality with the intention of persuading anyone to act improperly, or to influence a public official in the performance of their duties.
- Make, or accept, 'kickbacks' of any kind.
- Keep appropriate internal records that will evidence the business reason for making any payments to third parties.
- Encourage employees to raise concerns about any issue or suspicion of malpractice at the earliest possible stage.
- See that anyone raising a concern about bribery will not suffer any detriment as a result, even if that person turns out to be mistaken.