We want to be a sustainable and thriving company that successfully balances the needs of our clients, team members and shareholders.
And we need to do what it takes to make that happen. That means basing our decisions about what we do on some core beliefs:
- We believe that meaning and purpose at work is a good thing.
- We believe that hierarchy is a bad thing and to be avoided wherever possible.
- We believe that individual accountability is a good thing but we can only succeed or fail as a team.
- We believe our team members know how to do their own job best. We set up just enough processes and goals for teams – then give them the freedom they need to succeed.
- We believe success comes from deliberately recruiting talented and motivated people who are capable of being results driven, not process driven.
In summary, at Deeson it’s about ownership of results, not being told what to do and blindly following processes.
Back in 2015, we spoke at length with our team members and clients about what made Deeson different to other agencies and places to work. From that insight, we developed a set of core values that inform how we do things, our approach to new business, recruitment and selection, and helping with self-development.
We use core values as a way to hold ourselves and others to account in our day-to-day actions. If we’re not sure how to deal with a particular situation, thinking about the way to proceed with the core values in mind, can be helpful to clarify a way forward.
Our core values are:
- Be ambitious.
- Be curious.
- Be generous.
Here are some examples of how Deeson team members bring these values to life in what they do:
- Always looking for a better way of doing things.
- Learning new techniques, tools and ways of doing things.
- Embracing big goals and not being afraid to go for them.
- Developers exploring new tools and techniques in Coder Lounge.
- Learning a new coding language to prototype something.
- Producing bespoke giant artworks in your spare time.
- Spending time mentoring inexperienced team members.
- Going above and beyond to help a charity or cause.