Unlimited training budget.
The work we do for clients changes rapidly and that means we need to continually invest in our own skills and experiences.
Each Deeson team member has an unlimited training budget that enables them to do this.
The unlimited training budget is managed through our Professional Development Programme (PDP) scheme.
This is a structured self-reflection process that each team member undertakes annually with their line manager.
It incorporates peer, client and manager feedback, to help each team member get a rounded view of their strengths and opportunities for development.
The process also looks at the needs of the team member's current role and their career ambitions as well.
Once the PDP is finalised, each team member is responsible for planning and undertaking the activities set out in their plan for the year.
The range of activities included in PDPs is wide. It can include things like:
- Training courses (online and face-to-face).
- Coaching as coach or coachee.
- Working on different types of project.
- Professional qualifications.
- Meet-ups and events.
- Public speaking.
- Personal study.
- Reflective practice.
There are no limits to what can be considered for inclusion in a PDP – what's important is getting the right mix of activities that will help a team member develop and be deliverable alongside their role at Deeson.
For formal qualifications and courses which cost more than £500, we ask team members to commit to repaying some of the training budget if they leave Deeson within two years:
- if a team member leaves the company before or while successfully completing the qualification/course, we ask for full repayment of costs incurred to date.
- if a team member leaves within one year of successfully completing the qualification/course, we ask for full repayment of costs.
- if a team member leaves within one and two years of successfully completing the qualification/course, we ask for 50% repayment of the costs.
- if a team member leaves more than two years after successfully completing the qualification/course, no costs are repayable.
This requirement for repayment may be waived at the Managing Director's discretion.
This information is for team members employed by Deeson Group Ltd.